Hello People and Critters and those we can’t see but we know you exist.
Welcome to my January 2021 Vlog Part 2 – Where I share some of what I got up to during this month which include Changing to my Winter Wardrobe, and my step by step recipe for my vegan patty’s which are great for winter, Freeze well, go great with many meals and not just as a patty in a bun, although that is also tasty 😉 .
I will have a few short videos I filmed during the January period .
As always I like to keep authentic to the filming period. so of course taking this into consideration and the time it takes to edit footage and put these little films together, you will see them uploaded during February. The same way you will see any videos I filmed over the February Period uploaded during March and so on and so on.
If you have any thoughts regarding this film you are welcomed to share them in the comments section below.
I will leave you here, and see you there.
MY SPICY VEGY VEGAN PLANT BASED PATTY’S
Easy to make. They freeze very well and keep their flavor and consistency when reheated.
This recipe makes around 30 patty’s
Bake on Gas Mark 6 for 15 minutes each side. They should be golden brown and firm to the touch when fully cooked ( They will seem rather sloppy and wet when you are putting the breadcrumbs on. Don’t be alarmed. This is normal. They will firm up when cooking. A tip for handling the dough is to keep your hands damp. This will help prevent the dough sticking to your hands when when bread-crumbing )
* Breadcrumbs (I use 4 slices of whole meal bread)
* 1 Cup Buckwheat Flour
* 1 Cup Spelt Flour
(You could use 2 Cups plain white flour if preferred)
* 3 Medium Carrots -Chopped
* 2 Large Tomatoes – Chopped
* The Juice and grated peel of 1 Lemon (Make sure you use a none waxed lemon)
* 4 segments Fresh Garlic – roughly chopped
* 1 Red Pepper – Chopped
* 1 Cup Chopped Mushrooms (I’m using White caps, but any will do)
* 2 Medium Onions – Chopped (White , Brown or Red onions, your choice)
* 1 Cup Rice ( measured before cooking)
* 1/2 Cup Red Lentils (measured before cooking)
* 1 TBSP Dried Rosehips (optional)
* 2 TBSP Sunflower Seeds
* 1 TBSP Pumpkin Seeds
* 1 TSP Ground Black Pepper
* 1 TSP Pink Sea salt
* 1 TSP White Ground Pepper
* 3 TBSP Hot Curry Powder
* 1 TBSP Dried Parsley
* 1 TBSP Cumin Seeds
* 1 TBSP Coconut oil (used for frying)