You can tag pictures to me or see more recipes at my social medias via these links ;
Or you can email pictures to me at ” firstname.lastname@example.org “
Ground raw sunflower seeds have so much of potential and they are cheap, healthy and lower in net carbs.
I have already shown you how to make the best keto bread with it as they are so light, soft, fluffy and crispy when toasted. See links here for keto buns or bread with ground sunflower seeds;
1. Keto Sunflower Seed Bread = https://youtu.be/azM2TFxauVA
2. Keto Sunflower Yeast Bread = https://youtu.be/8Ci3cyDhpek
3. Keto Sunflower Seed Buns = https://youtu.be/niu8eGWPcX0
4. Keto Sunflower Seed Buns (Vegan) = https://youtu.be/23OMPnDNpMg
I have also shown you how to use it to make keto cakes such as Lemon Blueberry Cake, Banana Cake and Lemon Cupcakes which turned out so soft and moist.
Ground raw sunflower seeds also makes incredibly crispy cookies like the Keto Chocolate Chip Cookies published here about a month ago. Last week, I have shown you how to make amazingly crispy and delicious seeded cookies. Now, I am showing you how to make these crispy vegan seeded crackers. As usual, they are super easy to make without any equipment required.
These vegan crackers are so versatile as you use them as dips, top with your favorite spread, enjoy as cereals or with yogurt or make them into sandwiches.
The recipe can be viewed and printed at this link ;
[ Total Servings = 28 ]
Per Serving ;
Total Carb = 1.2 g
Dietary Fiber = 0.4 g
Net Carb = 0.8 g
Calories = 51
Total Fat = 4.8 g
Protein = 1.4 g
FOR BEST RESULTS, WEIGH THE INGREDIENTS !
Ground Raw Sunflower Seeds = 150 g / 1 1/4 cup (You can also use the same amount of almond flour or ground walnuts, pecans or hazelnuts. Refer to the video on how to grind the sunflower seeds)
Salt = 2 g / 1/2 tsp
Coconut Oil = 52 ml / 4 tbsp (Note: You can also use olive oil or melted butter)
Egg = 1 flax egg ( Mix together 7 g / 1 tbsp flax meal + 45 ml / 3 tbsp water and set aside to thicken for at least 15 mins.)
Lightly toasted seeds ;
Black sesame seeds = 36 g / 1/4 cup
White sesame seeds = 36 g / 1/4 cup
Pumpkin seeds = 64 g / 1 cup
1. Preheat the oven at 325F or 170C.
2. In a bowl, mix the ground sunflower seeds and salt together until combined.
3. Add the flax egg, oil and mix until a dough is formed.
4. Add all the toasted seeds and mix until well combined. Shape into a ball.
5. Roll the dough between two parchment papers until as thin as possible. Fold the 4 uneven edges of the dough to create a square or rectangular shape. Roll and flatten the edges.
6. Trim the slightly uneven edges and reuse the excess dough.
7. Use a long knife to cut the dough into rectangular shapes. Pizza cutter doesn’t work well as it’s difficult to cut through the pumpkin seeds. If you cut the dough into rectangular shapes of 1 1/2 x 2 1/2 inches each, you can get 28 pieces. If you cut into squares of 1 1/2 x 1 1/2 inches, you can get 40 pieces. You can easily double the recipe for more servings.
8. Transfer the cut dough onto a baking tray.
9. Bake for about 15 to 20 minutes or until browned. Be careful not to brown the crackers too much as they can burn easily due to the thinness. If some of the crackers are not crispy enough, especially those at the center of the baking tray, you can just pop them into the oven and bake a little longer.
10. Cool completely. The crackers will crisp up once cooled.
11. Store the crackers in an airtight container for a few weeks at room temperature. They can also be refrigerated and frozen. They taste great straight out of the fridge and freezer.
Title of first track of music : Kitty Jazz
Title of second track of music : Cuban Island
Music credit to : Ultimate Tracks
YouTube link ;